In an effort to keep your child and our teachers safe, we have made the following changes to our Summer Camp schedule and format. Please note, based on recommended guidelines, these changes may be modified.
- Camps will be 3 hours long.
- Camp size - max. of 8 children.
- Staff and children will wear masks during the camp.
- Children will be signed in and signed out by our staff outside the studio.
- On Day 1, each camper will be given a package with all the tools needed to create their projects for the week. This package will be accessed only by your child. There will be no tools shared by the children or the staff during the camp week.
- Bathrooms and other common areas will be disinfected before and after each camp session/day.
Please review our Studio Policies and Procedures with regard to COVID
In-Studio Camps: 9 am to 12 pm $285/week
Handbuilding: For ages 5 and up.
Wheelthrowing: For ages 10 and up.
6/21 - 6/25 (Handbuilding)
*6/28 - 7/2 (Handbuilding)
*8/2 - 8/6 (Handbuilding)- Full, Waitlist
8/9 - 8/13 Wheelthrowing - Full, Waitlist
*8/16 - 8/20 (Handbuilding)
8/30 - 9/3 (Handbuilding)
* If you are looking for a more diverse camp experience, check out our collaborations with our neighbors...
Clay and Cooking Camp: Kids Clay Room and Oui Chef
A morning of clay handbuilding and an afternoon of cooking! Kids registered for the week for both camps can be dropped off at Kids Clay Room (2646 N. Halsted) at 9 am and picked up from Oui Chef (2622 N. Halsted) at 4 pm. We will walk the kids over to their cooking camp at 1 pm.
SUMMER CAMPS 2021
Children will explore different clay techniques and create fun and unique projects. Pinch, coil and slab techniques taught and used to make a different project each day. Children paint their projects using underglazes. We will have a pre-determined set of projects for each week. Please note, there is a possibility your child may have already made a project that is scheduled for the day, but can be modified and decorated differently.
Campers ages 10 and up work on a potters wheel. This introductory class teaches the basics of wheelthrowing. Those with experience are welcome and can practice and experiment with wheelthrowing techniques. Wheelthrowing is a skill that requires repetition and practice - this camp is a great way to get started!
KIDS CLAY ROOM
a pottery studio for children.